Froggy has fallen in love with the holidays. She embraced Halloween and now, Christmas. She's been after us for weeks to put up the tree, even though we already put up the little one in her room. Her room is encircled with lights. But she keeps wanting more.
So we finally broke down, cleaned up the corner, and pulled out the tree. It's a much bigger tree than I had wanted (her daddy pulled rank on me) and it takes up a lot of space. But, she loves it and her daddy loves it. What can I say?
Her daddy also got his way when it came to the lights. He wanted colors; I wanted white lights. He got his colors since Froggy was our tie-breaker. At least in the end I got my way with our ornament theme. Gold ornaments, red bows, and our ornament collection we add to each year. When the lights are on it suits him; when the lights are off it suits me.
Tonight Daddy put up the tree and Froggy put up ornaments. I took pictures. It was a nice little evening, all in all.
The other night we decorated gingerbread men. She did hers all by herself, except for the icing. For that she showed me where to put it. This is Mommy and Baby Gingerbread.
We've had some fun and she's finally starting to settle down a bit. Of course that might change when she gets up tomorrow but at least, for the weekend, she was in a pleasant mood. She was huggy and sweet. She even had a sense of humor, except for when her daddy put the juice she didn't want into the fridge. Oh, how she screamed and cried about that--you'd have thought we were trying to cram her in the fridge instead of the juice cup. But really, she was just tired and as soon as one of us sat down to hold her she fell right asleep.
In case you need a laugh, though, here's a quick story. This afternoon I heard noise in the bathroom and asked Daddy to go check on Froggy. When he went in there she was on the potty but she hadn't put her little seat down. Instead, she was sitting on the big seat, holding on for dear life. She slipped a little and managed to catch herself before her bottom hit the water, but she was in a precarious situation. She looked at Daddy, kicked her little feet and said in a panicky little voice, "I don't like to swim!"
I hope everyone's doing okay. I know I've been lazy about blogging lately; hopefully I can get motivated again soon!



"I don't like to swim!" Haha! She's such a cutie. I'm so glad she's doing better and that you all are having fun with the holidays. Your tree turned out beautiful. You were nice to compromise. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! Well, from one mom to another, how could you argue with those sweet faces? It wasn't much of a compromise if you really think about it. :) They got what they wanted and I got to see smiles. I got the better end of the bargain.
ReplyDelete