Monday, September 26, 2011

Froggy's busy weekend

This was an interesting weekend for Froggy. She went to her MeMe's house on Friday and then Saturday she was brought to a local dining establishment where she found this:


and this:


and several family members. We ate, sang Happy Birthday, and opened her presents. Then, she went back to MeMe's to spend the night again so that Mommy could sleep off the many hours she'd just put into the get-together.

Today she went to school and when she got home, there was an interesting note from her teacher. "Played nice, refused to clean. Even when items were placed in her hand and was guided to the right spot. Took water table--I think she will clean tomorrow." This was the first "bad" note that she got, and it wasn't even THAT bad. There was still a positive comment at the beginning and she didn't get a frownie face--just a straight one. You know, something like this:   :-|      Poor baby also had scratches on her knees and elbows and her shins were red too. I don't know when she fell but it was probably on her way to the bus. Otherwise I think her teacher would have mentioned it, with the scratches being so extensive.

So off we went to the gym, where she got a good report from her gym teacher. Apparently she was right on track, cooperative, and talkative. The teacher said that it seemed that her "4 year old just clicked into place". Her teacher is awesome--she's ADHD, as are her girls, and she's so understanding. She calls Froggy her little twin.

When we got home and I gave her her supper, Froggy wanted to give us a hard time about eating. She kept trying to find excuses not to eat, like, "I'm getting soooo tired!" That's a relatively new thing, but not super new. What surprised us was when we told her to eat anyway and she looked at her daddy and said, "I'm getting frustrated!" How do you not giggle a little? Even as I roll my eyes a little and laugh at her tendency to be a drama queen, I'm still excited. It's progress!


So that's my girl. It wasn't a bad weekend, all in all, especially for her. She's got some new Squinkies and a couple outfits and two big balloons. She learned that when Mrs. P says to do something, she means business. And her gym teacher is pleased with her. Not bad at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If anyone has questions or comments or advice feel free to share. Oh, and no hate, please. It hasn't been an issue thus far and I hope it won't be. Other people using this blog as a platform to spew unkindness or judgment at parents who don't share their opinions or parenting styles won't be tolerated. Friendly, well-informed debate is another thing entirely, and as I love to learn, I'd love for you to share any research or information you stumble across.